“So, what do YOU do?”
It’s a common question, the answer to which we often don’t give much thought to.
But if you are studying, job hunting, looking for new career opportunities or building your own brand, having an effective, prepared answer – by way of an elevator pitch – could be just the thing that gets you that big breakthrough.
Imagine if you had a 40-60 second prepared speech that showed your passion and your best qualities, and made your listener think “Wow, I would hire this person!”, or “I wanna help this person because they are awesome!”
This is what communication skills expert Andrew Lovick and I are talking about on the podcast this week.
Want the worksheet?
In this episode you will discover:
- What exactly an elevator pitch is
- Why it’s important to have one
- The big mistake Andrew made when speaking with a CEO!
- The steps for creating your elevator pitch:
– Know your audience
– Know yourself
– Outline your pitch
- Components of your pitch:
– Who are you?
– What are you passionate about?
– What are your skills?
– What makes YOU unique? What can you offer?
– What should the listener do after hearing your pitch?
- When to use you elevator pitch
- Your pitch is going to change depending on the context!
- Why you need to believe in YOURSELF for your elevator pitch to be effective.
- …plus much more!
Challenge of the Week:
Get in touch with Andrew:
Email him at: lovick.andrew1@gmail[dot]com
Follow him on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Lovicksandiego