You want them to remember you as “That person was well dressed, well groomed. They look like they’ve got control over their life.” It will make them more likely to trust you.
I’m very excited to be bringing you this very special bonus episode.
I know I talk a lot about communicating yourself verbally and through body language – but I haven’t addressed the topic of attire – and how you communicate yourself through your appearance.
To help me, I’m bringing professional men’s stylist and personal shopper Caz Little (@dashing_hounds) on the show. A former men’s fashion designer for brands including Lee Jeans and Elwood Denim, Caz is passionate about helping men look good. Bless her! You can find her online at DashingHounds.com.au.
In this episode, we talk about dressing to make a great first impression, whether it’s for a job interview, important meeting or a first date. And if fashion’s not your thing, don’t worry! Caz shares simple tips and tricks that anyone can implement – and you don’t even need to buy a new wardrobe!
In this episode you will discover:
- The impact your attire has on other people – especially for important events
- You want your attire to communicate that you’ve “got control of you life know what you’re doing.”
- Did you know that the way you dress can make you look trustworthy?
- Do your research before a job interview – what do the other people wear? You want to fit in (while rocking your own style of course)
- Attention to detail – iron your shirt! Put on deodorant!
- Fellas: make sure your belt matches your shoes! Black and brown is not ok.
- The worst (and easily avoidable) fashion mistakes that Caz frequently sees – are YOU making these faux pas?
- What to do it you spill something on your shirt right before an important meeting (apart from saying “D’oh!)
- Why you should pay attention to detail – your shoes, face etc.
- Why taking care of your hands and nails is important
- Fellas: CHECK YOUR FLY. “The amount of men I see who forget to zip up their fly is hilarious. And I’m not one to let it slide.”
- Ladies: do the skirt length test! How short should your skirt be? Listen in to find out!